SOS Math

Today, I just wanted to give a shout-out to SOS math. I know that off the bat, this sounds like some ad, but it isn't. Backstory is that, when you look up "trig identities" on Google, the first link that pops up is SOS math. It turns out that subconsciously, over my many years of undergrad studies, I have been using this site; well, this one page, as a reference. I remember that in first and second year, before my calculus midterms, I would go over this site rigorously-just because it was the first link. For those who are curious, I needed them for integral trigonometric substitutions, and those pesky integrals of sin^2(x) and cos^2(x), which you see a lot in physics (electrodynamics and quantum mechanics, but not so much in Newtonian/Lagrangian mechanics). Right now I am using it to study the Infinite Square Well for Perturbation Theory in Quantum Mechanics

Also, the reason I feel that this site deserves a shout-out is because it was released in Dec 3, 1996 and is still going strong. Sadly, in the past I would mainly use this reference right before the start of an exam, and thus never noticed how old the site was until recently. I should have though, as it looks like it was released in the 90s. 😃

(Screenshot of the site: Full Link: http://www.sosmath.com/trig/Trig5/trig5/trig5.html)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Psychiatric Ward

Eight-Year Side Effects