Schizophrenia

I guess I made this blog because I realized that I need to accept fully accept the fact that I have schizophrenia. I do take the required medications daily, but it's more out of fear of what I will become if I stop taking them.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was around the age of 15 and had to be hospitalized for about a year and a half. I ended up having to go through many different medications through this process, until the anti-psychotic Clozaril saved my life. During my hospitalization, I felt extremely lonely even around other patients, and was sometimes isolated from others due to my erratic behaviour.

While this was many, many years ago, I still push it to the back of my mind. I remember having an outpatient ACTT team that helped delivery my medication and schedule appointments with my psychiatrist, and I did not treat them well. I was often at school when they delivered it, and I was always late to my psychiatry meetings. I felt that I did this because treatment scared me.

But of course the purpose of this blog is not to describe my difficult past, but just rather what I notice about mental illness nowadays, whether from myself or from others I know. I may sometimes mention my past experiences every now and then, but I do want to keep a more positive tone for this blog, as it is a blog after all.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Psychiatric Ward

Eight-Year Side Effects

SOS Math